A jewelry appraisal can be done on any item of jewelry, regardless of the composition, style, or condition. The purpose of a jewelry appraisal is to give a dollar value for an item, often for insurance, estate or general knowledge purposes. Market values change, so we recommend you have fine jewelry appraisals updated approximately every three years.
Process & What to Expect:
- A valid driver’s license is required to complete
- Based on our appraiser’s consistent workload, it will typically take around 3 weeks to complete your appraisal. Please prepare to leave your item(s) in the care of Greenleaf’s Jewelry.
- Quote time depends on appraiser’s workload, amount of items needed to be appraised and time of year.
- Each piece is cleaned, weighed, measured & described in detail.
- Each gem is photographed, identified, graded, measured and described in detail
- Metal content will be determined
- Printed appraisal will include detailed description & color photos of each item.
- Each item left with us is locked in our vault with other merchandise nightly and is covered by our insurance. You will receive a receipt upon leaving your piece(s) with us.
$50.00 per piece.